Specifying the Setup Launcher Type (Unicode or ANSI) for a Release
This information applies to Basic MSI projects.
InstallShield creates ANSI setup launchers for InstallScript MSI and InstallScript projects; it does not support the creation of Unicode setup launchers for these project types.
If your release includes a setup launcher, InstallShield lets you specify the type of setup launcher that you want to build:
- UnicodeA Unicode setup launcher can correctly display double-byte characters in the setup launcher dialogs, such as the PreparingToInstall dialog, regardless of whether the target system is running the appropriate code page for the double-byte-character language. Windows 9x does not support Unicode setup launchers.
- ANSIAn ANSI setup launcher displays double-byte characters in the setup launcher dialogs if the target system is running the appropriate code page. However, it displays garbled characters instead of double-byte characters in those dialogs if the target system is not running the appropriate code page.
To specify the setup launcher type for a release:
- In the View List under Media, click Releases.
- In the Releases explorer, click the release that you would like to configure.
- Click the Setup.exe tab.
- For the Setup Launcher Type setting, select the appropriate option.
To learn about scenarios that require a Setup.exe setup launcher, see Creating a Setup Launcher.
Setup.exe Tab for a Release