Adding an MSI DLL Custom Action to Your Project
InstallShield 2011 Express Edition
The items in the Custom Actions view are organized by chronological order, according to when they are launched during installation or uninstallation. When you add a custom action to your project, you specify when the custom action should be launched by adding the action to the appropriate installation or uninstallation item.
To add an MSI DLL custom action to your project:
- In the View List under Define Setup Requirements and Actions, click Custom Actions.
- In the Custom Actions During Installation explorer, the Custom Actions During Maintenance explorer, or the Custom Actions During Uninstallation explorer, click the item that should contain the custom action that you want to create.
- Right-click the item and click New MSI DLL. InstallShield adds a new custom action with the name NewCustomActionn (where n is a successive number).
- Type a name for the custom action.
- Configure the settings for the custom action.
Custom Actions View
MSI DLL Custom Action Settings
Changing When Custom Actions Are Launched